Nicole Cote School of Dance offers an optional end of the year recital for our students. All detailed recital information will be available on our website at the beginning of October. Every bit of information about the shows and all of the events leading up the big day, including ticket & DVD purchase information, tight and shoe requirements, picture day details, and much more will all be available online and through the studio.
In order to participate in the recital, there are a few requirements we ask of your dancer:
- Class Attendance – Attendance is extremely important, especially during the months of February through June. Each week the steps and proper technique are being taught for the performance. Please try to miss as few classes as possible for your dancer’s and their class’ sake.
- Costumes – A costume must be purchased for each class in order to dance in the show.
- Costume Fittings – Costume sizing will take place the end of October -beginning of November during their regularly scheduled class time. Pictures of each class’ costume can be viewed in the waiting area beginning near the beginning of November.
- Dress Rehearsal – Will take place at the studio during the dancer's last class before the recital.
- Show Tickets – Recital tickets will go on sale in April through the studio. Prices coming soon!
Recital DVD Order Form
- The recital is a fun experience that creates lifetime memories.
- It allows dancers to fully experience a performing art and the unique feeling of being on a stage
- Parents can always expect age appropriate movement and costumes
- Preparing for a recital is a way for dancers to work on memorization skills, rhythm, technique, teamwork, and much more… they LOVE having something to be proud of and it shows!
- It gives dancers the opportunity to perform in front of an audience that will boost self-confidence in everything they do
- Family and friends get to see what their dancers have learned in dance class
- Athletes have games, dancers have a recital. This is what we practice for all year long!
- Instills a passion for the arts in children’s lives
- Opens children's minds and hearts to a life onstage or in the arts
Q: Is the recital mandatory?
A: No. The recital is strongly encouraged, but it is not required
Q: Why do we need to purchase a costume?
A: Costumes are required to unite each class, much like a team uniform, and are essential in presenting a professional looking show. We order costumes from the same high quality costume manufacturer we have for many years. We have found that our parents much prefer the higher quality costumes that come at a slightly higher cost than the less expensive, poor quality costumes do. Many students wear these costumes for months, even a year after and they are still in great condition. When it comes to dance costumes, you really do get what you pay for.
Q: What costs are associated with the ticket price?
A: It costs thousands of dollars to produce the recital. Here is just a quick list of just some of the major expenses the ticket prices cover: King Center rental, lighting rental, backdrop rental, King Center crew members , several buildings and ground maintenance and janitorial staff members (10-12 hour day), entire 15-20 member crew of Nicole Cote School of Dance staff for 12 hour days, professional keepsake program books for each audience member, insurance, props, etc. to name few.